Sunday, November 11, 2012

Empanadas-Muy Bien!

I have spent the entire day hiding under my bed covers afraid to face the sunlight.  I am sick.

Licking the spoons :)
My feeling sick is honestly a mix of illness and a hangover from last night.  I went to bed at 4:30AM after drinking a lot of wine, it is my fault. Tea is the only thing getting me through the day :/ 
Yesterday I was chipper, running around making empanadas for Sabrina's birthday.  It was my first time making empanadas, so it was fun work! I did not have the same skills as Sabrina when sealing the pastries shut, but the tasted delicious all the same.
EMPANADAS!
I had two couchsurfers staying over as well, which were a great help to the production line. It was interesting comparing everyone's empanada sealing technique, however.  Howard was a couchsurfer from Taiwan, so his empanadas looked like dumplings. 
Pilar and Sabrina
The empanadas I pinched shut looked suspiciously like raviolis. Pilar was the other couchsurfer, originally from Argentina like Sabrina, so they were expert chefs! We made beef, tuna, and corn empanadas, so delicious!
I love food because it brings people together and reveals so much about our individual cultures. What better way to share a Saturday than some collective cooking?

Sabrina's birthday was a good way to end a nice two-week vacation.  I am ready to return to work, but I will miss the lazy mornings and late nights.  Here is a great picture of my housemates and I from last night.  Joyeux Anniversaire! Feliz Cumpleaños! Happy Birthday!

Thomas, Etienne, Sabrina, myself, and Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment