Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some Things Are Only Done Out Of Love.

 There are some moments in life that you never forget.  Often relationships evolve as intimate moments are shared between two parties. Well, let me tell you, I have crossed into new territory with my cat. Today marked a new chapter in my relationship with Rafiki.  I suppose his high protein diet is a little too high in protein and the awful, nay, horrifying had to occur today: I gave my cat an enema! Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn. I did not want to do it, but vets are not easily found in Dakar.  I could not stand his howls of pain so I broke down. THE HORROR! You know how Lady Macbeth could never wash the king's blood off of her hands? Well I cannot seem to wash the smell of cat poo out of my apartment.  Too much info? I would say I am sorry, but I have been scarred by this experience. I need to share my terror with someone, and you, the reader of my blog, are the lucky person I am sharing it with. What has this taught me? Well, two things I suppose. 1) I love little Rafiki. 2) Cats can store up a whole lot of shit when they are constipated–oh my god! I do not wish a constipated pet on anyone, especially anyone living in West Africa where emergency vets are not as easy to come by.
What a DIVA!


I must admit giving my cat an enema was not even the most disturbing part of this experience. As I was looking up some info on the Internet (after talking to a vet) I clicked on a link that I thought would be helpful.  Turns out someone wanted to post on the Internet how much they enjoyed receiving enemas from their mother. Um...WHAT DO I EVEN SAY TO THAT?!

 Freud would have had a field day. I did not. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment