Friday, October 18, 2013

My Imagination Would be a Terrible Thing to Lose.

I am a day-dreamer. Some people may think that I am irresponsible with my head in the clouds, but I am surely more observant than they are in that moment. I try to balance my own thoughts with what I need to get done.  Whether it was schoolwork, or now actual work at the winery, I find myself lost in my own thoughts while performing a task.  Often when I am alone it leads to singing, but if surrounded by anyone other than Kelby, I just keep quiet and observe.  

I have no idea when I started to show these tendencies. I watch others for clues on how to better do a job, or sometimes I people-watch because humans are funny creatures.  Other times I get transfixed on the bugs around me: caterpillars, worms, spiders (lots of these in a winery!), and beetles. I do not bother them, they do not bother me. 

Perhaps some people would tell me that all of this is very odd. I do not know, perhaps it is.  However, I could really care less. I blame it on my imagination. What would I do without such a far-reaching imagination? My life would certainly be duller and far fewer laughs with be shared with the people around me. If you are reading this, you probably have other things to do.  So what do I suggest? Step outside, look around, and marvel how beautiful the world is! Let your imagination run wild as you look around.  If you care for some further reading, I would suggest this piece written by Neil Galman about the importance of libraries on one's imagination.   It is what inspired this blog post, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment