Monday, December 19, 2011

I'll Be Home for Christmas?

Here I am, sitting in my apartment. I should be boarding my connecting flight to Washington DC right about now, but a gas leak got in between that happy moment and me.  Brussels Airlines has officially deemed itself as a frustrating airline.  Once they lost my luggage, but found it again, once I was booked on a flight that departed the day before, but they bumped me up to first class, and now they have cancelled a flight because of technical problems...I wonder what compensation I will get...perhaps first class to the US? I can always dream.  They tend to screw up a lot, but unlike other airlines they are always very apologetic and try to make their mistake up to you.  Perhaps this is why I will probably use them again.

"Ew!" is a fitting caption.
I will indeed be home for Christmas, but what an unfortunate end to my first 4.5 months in Dakar.  At least I was not on holiday here so I could go home and sleep in my own bed.  Those that were on holiday got put up in a hotel...I was not going to miss the chance to cuddle with Rafiki for one more night :)  Too bad I had to lock him out of my room by 3 AM because he thinks that I am a piece of bacon. Stupid cat.  I may look tasty, BUT I AM NOT YOUR DINNER! I have a new year's resolution for my cat, only eat/bite things that do not like a human.  He will inevitably avoid chomping on naked mole rats and hairless cats using this rule, but it is probably for his benefit.

*Sigh* I am now going to pace my apartment for an hour and shoot over to the airport to see what is up...fingers crossed I leave this afternoon!

I want someone to haul me around the world at warp speed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment